Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very delicious prune butter(Lekvar) cake, that starts from scratch, I know, I am making a cake from scratch, a true miracle. I do use the lemon juice in the cake but not the lemon zest, I think it is too bitter.
- 8 ounces butter, 2 sticks
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup prune butter
- 1 grated lemon lemon, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 10 inch Bundt pan with baking spray, can also use a 10 inch tube pan.
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into butter mixture alternating with sour cream.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of batter.
- Spread remaining batter in bunt pan.
- Combine the reserved batter with the lekvar.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of prune mixture on the surface of the batter.
- Then use a knife to swirl into batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to sit in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Then turn the cake out onto a rack to cool.
- Before serving, shower the cake with a dusting of confectioners sugar.