This is a very delicious prune butter(Lekvar) cake, that starts from scratch, I know, I am making a cake from scratch, a true miracle. I do use the lemon juice in the cake but not the lemon zest, I think it is too bitter.
My Private Note
bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Spray a 10 inch Bundt pan with baking spray, can also use a 10 inch tube pan.
- 3Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- 4Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- 5In a small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 6Stir flour mixture into butter mixture alternating with sour cream.
- 7Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- 8Reserve 1/2 cup of batter.
- 9Spread remaining batter in bunt pan.
- 10Combine the reserved batter with the lekvar.
- 11Drop tablespoonfuls of prune mixture on the surface of the batter.
- 12Then use a knife to swirl into batter.
- 13Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- 14Allow the cake to sit in the pan for 5 minutes.
- 15Then turn the cake out onto a rack to cool.
- 16Before serving, shower the cake with a dusting of confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prune Lekvar Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4211.4
- Calories from Fat 2221
- Total Fat 246.7 g
- Saturated Fat 148.1 g
- Cholesterol 1165.2 mg
- Sodium 6335.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 451.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 210.3 g
- Protein 57.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of