1/1 Photo of Prune Cake
Spicey, fruity, moist cake that starts with a cake mix. Easy to make. I usually dust it with confectioners sugar but it is equally delicious with a caramel frosting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine prunes and water in a microwave safe bowl.
- 2Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- 3Drain reserving liquid.
- 4Puree prunes in a food processor or blender.
- 5Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 6Grease and flour a large bundt pan.
- 7In a large bowl blend cake mix, eggs and prune liquid and oil.
- 8Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- 9Stir in prune puree and beat for 1 more minute.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- 11Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prune Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3970.7
- Calories from Fat 1450
- Total Fat 161.1 g
- Saturated Fat 32.4 g
- Cholesterol 634.5 mg
- Sodium 3669.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 609.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.0 g
- Sugars 375.3 g
- Protein 49.3 g