Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A new one for me and it tastes wonderful.
- 3 pitted prunes
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider or 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup crushed ice
- In a small bowl, cover the prunes with hot water and let stand until plump, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the prunes and let cool.
- In a blender, combine the prunes with the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.
Very tasty! I did as Roosie and added a bit of honey and a little extra vanilla since I only had plain yogurt. I also pureed the prunes and then added the rest of the ingredients. It was really a rich, sweet flavor.
Pretty good! The prunes give it a nice sweet flavor and combine well with the apple juice (I used organic unfiltered) and light spices. I didn't have vanilla yogurt, so I just used plain and added a smidgen of extra vanilla extract and a couple drops of honey. I did leave off the ice as I was afraid it would water down the flavor too much. It was nice, though, and I liked the bit of richness the yogurt added to this otherwise fruity smoothie. I did have a bit of trouble getting the prunes to puree- there were still some bits in my final product. Next time I think I might try to puree them first before adding the other ingredients.