A Louisiana favorite, just lovely served over rice or mashed potatoes. Overnight marinating not included in preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the seasoning mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- 2Sprinkle evenly on both sides of the chops, making sure to use all of it.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 5Grease a skillet heavily with 1 tablespoon margarine and heat until very hot.
- 6Add the pork chops in batches and brown well (about 3 minutes/side).
- 7Transfer to a large baking pan.
- 8Melt the remaining margarine over high heat.
- 9Add 2 cups of the onions and sauté until dark golden (about 5 minutes), stirring frequently to prevent scorching.
- 10Add the remaining 2 cups onions and cook until translucent.
- 11Add the garlic, remove from heat, and immediately spoon over browned chops.
- 12Pour the stock around the edges and seal the pan with foil.
- 13Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the meat is cooked through and tender.
- 14Remove from oven and serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prudhomme's Baked Pork Chops With Onion Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.4
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 536.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: