Recipe by jessica2177
I found this recipe in a cook book I received free from Costco. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds really good.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, cut into 2 equal rounds
- 3⁄4 cup diced sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- 6 pieces sliced mild provolone cheese
- 3 slices pancetta (about 21/2 ounces) or 3 slices bacon, roughly chopped (about 21/2 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Place puff pastry rounds on a parchment- lined cookie sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- Uncover the puff pastry rounds and place 3 slices of provolone cheese in the center of each, overlapping if necessary.
- Place the tomato mixture on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle pancetta over the tomatoes.
- Gather the puff pastry around the filling, making sure not to cover more than a quarter of the filling with the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until pastry is lightly browned and the filling is bubbling.
- Place on a serving dish, cut into wedges and serve immediately.