This recipe is from Bobby Flay's Throwdown. He went up against Tony Luke and lost, but this sauce sounds very tasty. I love provolone on my cheesesteaks so i can't wait to try it. This is a very basic cheese - Bechamel sauce that's great on cheesesteaks. I pretty sure the provolone can be substituted with almost any cheese you wish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Slowly whisk in the warm milk, and cook.
- 4Whisk constantly until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Remove the mixture from the heat and whisk in the provolone and Parmesan until combined. Season with the salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Provolone Sauce for Cheesesteaks
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.3
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.2 mg
- Sodium 859.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 14.5 g