Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Bobby Flay's Throwdown. He went up against Tony Luke and lost, but this sauce sounds very tasty. I love provolone on my cheesesteaks so i can't wait to try it. This is a very basic cheese - Bechamel sauce that's great on cheesesteaks. I pretty sure the provolone can be substituted with almost any cheese you wish.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the warm milk, and cook.
- Whisk constantly until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and whisk in the provolone and Parmesan until combined. Season with the salt and pepper.