Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from Bobby Flay's Throwdown. He went up against Tony Luke and lost, but this sauce sounds very tasty. I love provolone on my cheesesteaks so i can't wait to try it. This is a very basic cheese - Bechamel sauce that's great on cheesesteaks. I pretty sure the provolone can be substituted with almost any cheese you wish.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the warm milk, and cook.
- Whisk constantly until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and whisk in the provolone and Parmesan until combined. Season with the salt and pepper.