Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from a book called Favorite Recipes The Costco Way.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3⁄4 arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock, heated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups provolone cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a stockpot.
- Add the shallot and garlic and saute until translucent.
- Add rice, stirring to coat.
- Add wine and 1 cup of heated stock, and cook, stirring constantly until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add in 1 more cup of heated stock, and stir until all is absorbed. Repeat until all of stock has been used.
- Remove the stockpot from heat, and add in butter and stir.
- Add in cheese, salt, and pepper, and stir until cheese is melted.
- Then stir in tomatoes.
- Garnish with basil.