Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe I received in an email newsletter. My family & I love rice dishes and this is a great one!! Plus, it is easy to prepare!!
- 1 cup risotto rice (Arborio rice)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons basil, fresh,chopped
- 6 ounces provolone cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the rice.
- Reduce the heat and cook until tender (about 20 minutes).
- Return to the pan and toss in the remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Serve warm.
What a nice change of pace for a rice dish! The rice has a mild flavor with the lovely taste of basil. The provolone creates a nice creamy texture in that it binds the rice but does not make it sticky or stringy. This dish also has a pretty table presence. The first time I made this dish I used long grain rice, and the second time I used risotto (Arborio rice - short grain). Both turned out nicely but I preferred the results with the risotto, as called for in the recipe, which made the dish creamier. Thanks for sharing this simple rice dish!