1/1 Photo of Provolone-Pancetta Stuffed Chicken With Balsamic Sauce
This is a chicken recipe that can be partly made ahead of time. Started on the stovetop and finished in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces thinly slices pancetta, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/3 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/3 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Cook and stir pancetta in small nonstick skillet over medium heat 4 minutes or until fat begins to render.
- 3Add shallots; cook and stir 3 minutes or until pancetta is lightly browned and shallots are soft.
- 4Stir in bread crumbs and sage; cook 1 minute or until crumbs are lightly browned.
- 5Place in a bowl; cool slightly.
- 6Stir in cheese.
- 7With a small knife cut large horizontal pocket in chicken, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- 8Fill each pocket with about 1/4 cup stuffing; secure with toothpicks.
- 9**Chicken can be made to this point 8 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate**.
- 10Heat large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 11Add oil; heat until hot.
- 12Cook chicken 5 minutes or until browned, adjusting heat if necessary.
- 13Turn; place on small foil-lined rimmed baking sheet (reserve skillet).
- 14Bake 5-8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- 15Meanwhile, remove any dripping from skillet
- 16Heat skillet over hight heat until hot.
- 17Add vinegar; boil 1 minute or until reduced by half and slightly syrupy.
- 18Add broth; boil 2 minutes or until reduced by half and slightly syrupy.
- 19Remove from heat; whisk in butter.
- 20Lightly spoon sauce over chicken; pass remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Provolone-Pancetta Stuffed Chicken With Balsamic Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 363.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 30.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: