Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from the Party Skewers section of The New Polish Cuisine by Chef Michael J. Baruch. I enjoy the ingredients for this recipe by themselves and together they will be even better.
- 1 lb provolone cheese, cut into chunks
- 20 pickled peppers, quartered
- 40 slices salami, thin and halved
- 40 green olives, small with pimento
- 40 black olives, pitted
- 40 wooden skewers
- Cut the provolone cheese into 40 small cubes. Wrap a slice of pepper around each cube.
- Wrap salami around cheese and pepper twice, place on wooden skewer. On another skewer add one black olive, one piece cheese, and one green olive. Repeat until all skewers have been used.
I quartered this recipe to make 10 skewers as a snack for my family and this was much enjoyed by the whole family. Great blend of flavours and very attractive.
This is a such a simple recipe, but a great combo of flavors. Everyone loves cheese and salami, adding the peppers and olives just makes it better. I used festively, bright colored appy forks to prepare this. It was a great addition to an appetizer buffet.
great party idea ,quick and easy