1/1 Photo of Provolone Corn Loaf
1 hr 5 mins
The flavours of cheese, pepper and sage really shine through in this great cheese loaf. The taste is delicious, and very moist may I add. This is great served up with a soup and salad, I always make two of these loaves for my family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal, plus
- 1 cup cornmeal, divided
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup olive oil or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese or 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1set oven to 350 degrees, (second lowest rack).
- 2grease a 8x4 baking pan.
- 3Sprinkle 2 tsp.
- 4cornmeal on the bottom and sides of loaf pan; set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, combine flour, sage, baking powder, salt, pepper, baking soda, cayenne if desired, and remaining cornmeal.
- 6In another bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk and oil.
- 7Stir into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- 8Fold in cheese.
- 9Pour into pan, bake for 40-50 mins, or until loaf test done.
- 10Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- 11Refrigerate any leftovers.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Provolone Corn Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (928 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2367.7
- Calories from Fat 976
- Total Fat 108.4 g
- Saturated Fat 35.8 g
- Cholesterol 526.3 mg
- Sodium 5349.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 263.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 86.5 g