Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish is "SIMPLICITY AT ITS BEST".
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, flattened
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs (optional)
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pound chicken breasts with flat side of meat mallet until flattened to an even thickness.
- Place seasoned bread crumbs on flat dish.
- Press both sides of the chicken into the crumbs.
- Place coated chicken pieces in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning (if using) and top with provolone cheese.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and crispy around the edges, the way I prefer it.
Very simple. Very tasty. I did not use the bread crumbs or butter but this was a good quick meal for my busy lifestyle. I had some provolone that I needed to use up and this fit the bill perfectly.
I'm making this recipe for the 3rd time in about six weeks. My kids love it! My son asked if we could have that "cheesy chicken" again. It's so easy and you can add whatever seasonings you like - I made it exactly as written althought I only had plain bread crumbs. It was still delicious.
Have some provolone I need to use up and always have chicken in the freezer. This looks like the perfect recipe.