Just quick and easy. I have a Toastmaster Snacksters that seals the sandwiches. You can make in a frying pan. This recipe is for two. Just plain yummy.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 dashes Bon Appetit seasoning mix (McCormick)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices white bread or 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices provolone cheese, non-smoked thin sliced almost paper thin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- In medium mixing bowl, add the first five ingredients, beat.
- In small frying pan, heat oil.
- Add egg mixture and stir until eggs are just fluffy, do not overcook. Set aside.
- The water from the milk will pool.Drain from the eggs. Add optional salt if desired.
- Butter one side of two slices of bread.
- Flip over on the dry slice.
- Put one slice of provolone cheese and spoon
- eggs on top, put another slice of provolone cheese on top. Place buttered slice with the eggs and cheese in frying pan,buttered side down. Top with unbuttered slice. Now butter the top.
- Cook medium heat and flip over to brown the other side in a frying plan.
Delicious! Okay - I admit, I'm lazy....I didn't cook the eggs in a frying pan....I used Scrambled Eggs in a Bowl (Scrambled eggs in a bowl) for that step. I enjoyed this very much. The next time I make it, I might put a bit of bacon on the sammy as well. Thanks for a great recipe