Recipe by GiddyUpGo
This recipe is from week 12 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook one meal from every nation on Earth, and Argentina is my 12th stop. Provoleta is an appetizer made from grilled provolone cheese; this version comes from Rebecca Caro at "From Argentina with Love"
Top Review by Satyne
I initially thought this was going to be a dip because the picture looked like one, but it solidified very quickly for me. Delicious though and served on crusty bread, possibly didn't get the right Provolone cheese, but still enjoyed. Made for My Food Odyssey.
- 1 inch thick slice provolone cheese
- chopped fresh oregano, to taste
- 2.46-4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over very high heat (I used non-stick and it worked just fine) and put the cheese in it.
- Sprinkle with half the oregano and red pepper flakes and cook until the cheese begins to melt and you can see some brown around the bottom edges.
- Carefully flip the cheese, making sure you get all the crispy brown bits. Sprinkle with the remaining oregano and red pepper and continue to grill until you see those brown edges again.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately with a crusty bread.