Recipe by mollypaul
A savory taste treat from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
Molly these are so good with all my years of cooking I have never made fritters using clams, I added in 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, used seasoned salt and also added in some cayenne peper, made for DS's lunch today and was thoroughly enjoyed, thanks so much for sharing this winner!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans minced clams, very well drained (reserve 1/2 cup juice)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- oil or fat (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oil or fat to 360°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine dry ingredients, milk and clam juice into a batter that is smooth and free from lumps.
- Fold in clams, mixing thoroughly.
- Drop from a spoon into hot fat and fry for about a minute or until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with lemon wedges.