Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is another recipe from Oprah.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (Idaho)
- 1 cup heavy cream, brought to a boil and kept warm
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened to room temp
- 1⁄2 cup nicoise olives (pitted) or 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, chopped rough (pitted)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med and cook until potatoes are very tender when stabbed with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Return to the saucepan and add the cream and butter. With a hand mixer, blend until just smooth (do not over whip).
- Add the olives and thyme. Garnish with fresh thyme.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- According to Oprah this serves 12 to 15.
This is fabulous!! My DM - who eats like a bird on her best days - had SECONDS!! This reinvents the mashed potato and makes it the most elegant and succulent side dish ever!!