I make this soup on cold days as comfort food. It isn't heavy but the parmesan rind makes it feel like more. I have never measured it before you might need to adjust things to your taste.
- 500 g tomato puree (or unspiced tomato sauce)
- 500 ml water
- 5.52 ml vegetable bouillon granules
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 9.85 ml herbes de provence
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml garlic salt
- 0.59 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 4.92 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 parmesan rind (I use a piece that about 2cm by 4cm)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in pot on medium heat and clarify the onions.
- Put in the rest of ingredients, stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove parmesan rind and bay leaf.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.