1/3 Photos of Provence Tomato Soup
Tea Girl's Note:
I make this soup on cold days as comfort food. It isn't heavy but the parmesan rind makes it feel like more. I have never measured it before you might need to adjust things to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g tomato puree (or unspiced tomato sauce)
- 500 ml water
- 1 1/8 teaspoons vegetable bouillon granules
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 parmesan rind (I use a piece that about 2cm by 4cm)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat olive oil in pot on medium heat and clarify the onions.
- 2Put in the rest of ingredients, stir and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove parmesan rind and bay leaf.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Provence Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.9
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 39.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon granules
herbes de provence