Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Potatoes roasted with herbes de Provence combined with a garlicky dressing and Kalamata olives. Recipe from "USA Weekend".
- 2 lbs small small red potatoes, rinsed,dried and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons herbes de provence (mixed dried French herbs) or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pitted and coarsely chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 small red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons malt vinegar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Toss potatoes in oil with herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange potatoes, cut side down, in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Place pan on lowest rack of cold oven then heat oven to 450°F.
- Roast until cut side is golden brown and potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and add olives, onion and parsley.
- Whisk vinegar, mayonnaise, garlic, a big pinch of salt and a couple of grinds of pepper in a 1-cup glass measuring cup.
- Gradually whisk in oil, first in droplets, then in a slow, steady stream.
- Pour dressing over warm potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve at room temperature for best flavor.
We really enjoyed this fab potato salad. Roasting the potatoes adds a whole 'nut her layer of flavor, I used Yukon Golds. I think it would be best served hot or warmer than room temperature. Next time I will add more Kalamata olives. Super yummy! Heal up, Lorac! Made for your Cook-a-Thon
I did not have any herbes de provence so I used fresh dill instead. I also added some dijon mustard and used lemon instead of vinegar. Wow was this good. I know I changed a lot but I kept the proportions of oil, lemon and mayo the same and it was perfect. This is so much better than the traditional mayonnaise dressing. Everyone went crazy for it.
Excellent recipe! Flavors meld together beautifully! Everyone loved it. I did find that my potatoes took a lot longer to brown. Thanks!