Recipe by Lorac
Potatoes roasted with herbes de Provence combined with a garlicky dressing and Kalamata olives. Recipe from "USA Weekend".
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
We really enjoyed this fab potato salad. Roasting the potatoes adds a whole 'nut her layer of flavor, I used Yukon Golds. I think it would be best served hot or warmer than room temperature. Next time I will add more Kalamata olives. Super yummy! Heal up, Lorac! Made for your Cook-a-Thon
- 2 lbs small small red potatoes, rinsed,dried and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons herbes de provence (mixed dried French herbs) or 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup pitted and coarsely chopped kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 small red onion, cut into thin slivers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons malt vinegar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss potatoes in oil with herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange potatoes, cut side down, in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- Place pan on lowest rack of cold oven then heat oven to 450°F.
- Roast until cut side is golden brown and potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and add olives, onion and parsley.
- Whisk vinegar, mayonnaise, garlic, a big pinch of salt and a couple of grinds of pepper in a 1-cup glass measuring cup.
- Gradually whisk in oil, first in droplets, then in a slow, steady stream.
- Pour dressing over warm potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve at room temperature for best flavor.