1/2 Photos of Provence Lavender Cordial-Syrup
An exquisite blend of lavender flowers and herbes de Provence makes for a pleasant, refreshing cordial--perfect for a summer's day! Stir into lemonade, teas, ice-water, champagne or cocktails, -or- drizzle on pound cake, waffles, pastries, puddings or fruit. Lovely! I like to make this in the early summertime, when the lavender flowers are still fresh! Try it in my Provence Lavender Cocktail, or whisk a few spoonfuls into whipped cream, or thicken with powdered sugar for a glaze. Makes a beautiful hostess or Christmas gift, tied with a pretty lavender ribbon!
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat sugar and water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar completely.
- 2Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat.
- 3Add the lavender flowers (and the herbes de Provence, if using).
- 4Cover, and let flowers steep for 30-45 minutes.
- 5Strain through a fine mesh sieve or paper coffee filter into a measuring glass (with a lip for easy pouring).
- 6Add lemon juice.
- 7Pour into a clean container (preferably sterilized), cap, and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks, or freeze.
- 8Note: the syrup will not freeze solid-- you will be able to scoop out a spoonful easily!
- 9Stir a spoonful of Lavender Syrup into your favorite beverage! It's delicious in lemonade, tea or ice-water. Try it in my Provence Cocktail, Provence Lavender Cocktail. OR, drizzle over pancakes, waffles, French toast, scones, fruit, puddings, cakes or ice cream. Thicken with confectioner's sugar to make an exquisite glaze for cookies or cakes.
- 10Makes a beautiful hostess gift tied with a pretty ribbon!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Provence Lavender Cordial-Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: