Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is quick, easy and has become a family favorite!
Make and share this Provencal White Bean Soup South Beach recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, small chopped
- 1 celery, stalk finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, 15oz can
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium vegetable broth, low sodium or 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- fresh ground pepper, ground fresh
- In a large saucepan,heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery, garlic, basil, rosemary, thyme and salt, reduce heat to medium low and cook, stir occasionally, 15 minutes or till veggies are softened.
- Add beans and stir to combine.
- Transfer 3/4 of the bean mixture to blender, using large spoon.
- Add both and puree until smooth.
- Return mixture to the saucepan, stir to combine, and bring to simmer just to heat through.
- Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.