My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 leeks, white and light green pars only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 10 small new potatoes, quartered
- 1 (14 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced
- 2 summer squash or 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups chopped Baby Spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1In a big soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add in onion; saute until softened, about 6 minutes.
- 3Add in carrots, leeks, garlic, celery, thyme, salt and pepper; saute until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add in wine and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add in stock and potatoes; bring to a boil.
- 6Decrease heat and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- 7Add in beans, asparagus, squash, spinach, and peas; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in lemon juice.
- 9Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- 10Ladle into heated bowls and garnish each with a dollop of pistou.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Provencal Vegetable Soup With Pistou
Serving Size: 1 (629 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.0
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 743.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 16.6 g