Prep 1 hr
Cook 36 mins
In '300 Sensational Soups' by Carla Snyder and Meredith Deeds. Pistou posted separately.
Make and share this Provencal Vegetable Soup With Pistou recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 leeks, white and light green pars only, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken stock or 6 cups vegetable stock
- 10 small new potatoes, quartered
- 1 (14 ounce) can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 asparagus spears, trimmed and sliced
- 2 summer squash or 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups chopped Baby Spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a big soup pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in onion; saute until softened, about 6 minutes.
- Add in carrots, leeks, garlic, celery, thyme, salt and pepper; saute until vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in wine and cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add in stock and potatoes; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add in beans, asparagus, squash, spinach, and peas; simmer until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Ladle into heated bowls and garnish each with a dollop of pistou.