1/1 Photo of Provencal Vegetable Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cups chopped leeks, white and light green parts
- 3 cups unpeeled boiling potatoes, 1/2 inch diced
- 3 cups diced carrots
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 lb French haricots vert, cut in half
- 4 ounces spaghetti, broken in pieces
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1heat the olive oil in a large stockpot, add the onions, and sauté over low heat for 10 min or till the onions are translucent.
- 2Add the leeks, potatoes, carrots, salt and pepper and sauté over med heat for another 5 minutes add the chicken stock and saffron, bring to a boil then simmer uncovered for 30 min or till all the vegetables are tender. Add the haricots verts and spaghetti, bring to a simmer and cook for 15 more minutes.
- 3To serve whisk ¼ cup of the pistou (see note above) into the hot soup, then season to taste.
- 4Depending on the saltiness of your chicken stock, you may need to add up to another T of salt.
- 5Serve with parmesan and more pistou.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Provencal Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 14.3 mg
- Sodium 2482.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 18.2 g