Rachael Ray, 'Just In Time'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 baguette
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 (6 ounce) cans white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 6 fresh tarragon sprigs, leaves only, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped (about 10 leaves)
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted good-quality black olives or 1/2 cup green olives, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- black pepper
- 8 slices gruyere cheese
- 1Split the baguette horizontally and cut into 4 pieces.
- 2Open each piece and slather with butter.
- 3Place a large skillet over medium heat; add the bread, buttered side down, and toast until deep golden brown, 3-4 minutes.
- 4Work in 2 batches if the pan is not large enough.
- 5Preheat the broiler.
- 6In a bowl, combine the tuna with the herbs, olives, shallots, capers, lemon juice, and extra virgin olive oil.
- 7Mix well and season with pepper to taste.
- 8Working on a baking sheet, fill the toasted baguette with tuna.
- 9Cover the mounded tuna with 2 slices of Gruyere and place the sammies under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly, 2 minutes.
- 10Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Provencal Tuna Melts
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1367.0
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 148.3 mg
- Sodium 2426.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 79.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh tarragon sprigs