Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is from the Cooking Club of America - It is a specialty dish from Southern France. The color is gorgeous both on the plate or on a platter for a buffet. Try adding a chopped Jalapeno pepper and some Parmesan Cheese for the last few minutes od baking. Works well in a toaster oven.
- 19.71 ml olive oil, divided
- 2 large red peppers, halved, seeded, membranes removed
- 4 small plum roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 9.85 ml herbes de provence
- 1.23 ml salt
- 16 pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly brush an 8" baking pan with 1 tsp of the olive oil.
- Place cut, cleaned peppers in the baking pan, cut side up, single layer.
- Place 2 tomatoe halves cut side down inside each pepper.
- Sprinkle with Herbs de Provence, salt and then drizzle with 3 tsp Olive oil.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the tomatoes are softened and peppers are crisp tender.
- Sprinkle with pepper& serve.