1/1 Photo of Provencal Tomato Sauce (Uses Fresh Tomatoes)
magpie diner's Note:
A simple tomato sauce using mainly fresh ingredients. Comes from Sundays at the Moosewood Restaurant. Its uses are endless!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy pot. Add the onions and saute for about 10 minutes, until they are translucent.
- 2Add in the garlic and bay leaves, let that saute about 5 minutes more.
- 3Add in the tomates, salt, pepper and herbs - simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4When the tomatoes have cooked down, add in the tomato paste and simmer for another 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning to your liking.
- 5Remove the bay leaves and your sauce is ready!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Provencal Tomato Sauce (Uses Fresh Tomatoes)
Serving Size: 1 (1008 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 59.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: