Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from Tout Simplement Clodine.
Top Review by loof
Wonderful soup, rich and full flavored! I don't care for onions so left them out, and my zucchini was more on the large side than medium, otherwise made as directed. Loved the garlic crouton garnish and all that garlic in the soup. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 30 black olives (garlic flavored)
- 1 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat oil and melt butter. Brown garlic and onion 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add red bell pepper and zucchini, and let cook 4 minutes. Deglaze with the white wine.
- Add tomatoes and vegetable stock. Heat and let reduce, uncovered, 5 to 7 minutes. Add olives and basil. Stir delicately and heat a little bit more.
- Serve with garlic croutons.