Potatoes with a succulent tomato sauce. Good with grilled chicken or pork chops!
Make and share this Provencal Scalloped Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Butter two 1-quart aking dishes.
- Drain and chop tomatoes.
- Combine with thyme and marjoram.
- Peel potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Toss with salt and pepper.
- In each baking dish, layer 1/4 of the potatoes, half of the tomato mixture, 2 tablespoons of cheese and another 1/4 of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the cheese and drizzle with the oil.
- Bake until potatoes are tender.
- (30 to 40 minutes).
In my estimation this dish is really outstanding. What a delightful change from the heavy fat laden scalloped potato's. The flavor is bright, fresh and very well balanced. I made two small servings for DH and I, I'm glad I didn't make more because I'd be dipping into it! I used a single slice of fresh tomato between the potato's and sprinkled the herbs onto it, I was concerned that there wouldn't be enough moisture with none added but it baked beautifully at 40 mins and there was plenty of moisture. This dish was served with a tomato and basil baked chicken breast and steamed broccoli. Thank you Sharlene for my new favorite way to make potato's.