Recipe by AnnieSophie
This is a simple recipe we like, specially because of the roasted garlic heads. It's eaten with bread, and the soft garlic is your bread spread! We eat this with a glass of white wine.
Top Review by Pneuma
This is healthy and for garlic lovers as there is so much garlic. I had to reread the recipe again making sure if it's asking for heads or cloves and also as to what stage to put the rosemary. Good thing about using garlic head is the option on how much garlic you'd want to eat with the bell pepper and bread. I liked the roasted peppers. After having this, we also tried having this with tomatoes. Made for PAC Fall 2008.
- 4 heads garlic, the whole heads, unpeeled
- 6 bell peppers, different colours
- 4 -6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, fresh and finely chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt (the flaky types of sea salt are best)
- fresh bread (Continental type bread)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take each head of garlic (with all the cloves) and only remove some of the loose, papery skin on the outside. Then with a sharp knife cut off the pointy tops of the heads so the top of the cloves are exposed.
- Cut the peppers into thick strips, removing the seeds and ribs as you cut.
- Put the coloured pepper strips in an oven dish, and arrange the heads of garlic in between.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt. (Ile de Sel is a lovely salt).
- Make sure each head of garlic has enough olive oil on it.
- Roast in a preheated oven (180 degC) for about 40 - 45 minutes, OR until the peppers and garlic are soft. The tops of the garlic heads will have burned just a little because of the papery skins.