Recipe by Kim127
I haven't made this recipe yet. I posted it for the Zaar World Tour 2006. I found the recipe in "The Essential Mediterranean Cookbook".
Top Review by debarra
Yum! I had to use dried thyme, as I had no fresh on hand, but it was delicious. A bit on the greasy side, next time I think I'll cook the bacon a bit more crispy and drain the fat off better.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces streaky bacon, finely chopped
- 2 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 lb potato, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon over medium heat until starting to brown. Add the onion and thyme and cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the potato, season with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Thransfer the mixture to a 7-inch round cake tin and press down well. Dot with the butter. Place a piece of doubledd baking paper over the toip and place a weight, such as a ramekin or a smaller cake tin, over the paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove the weight and the paper and cook for another 20-25 minutes (or until the potato is tender and lightly golden).
- Leave to rest for 20 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the tin and turn out the galette.