Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
Hearty, healthy one dish meal
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon herbs, dried mix (Provencal)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Advance prep: Trim any excess fat off pork chops; slice into thin strips. Slice onioins. Peel potatoes, slice thinly; store i arge bowl filed with water in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Preparation: In large skillet over medium heat, melt alf the butter. Add slices of pork; cook, stirring, util no longer pink. Remove from skillet, seta side.
- Stir onions into juices remaining in pan; cook until just tender. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and mixed herbs to pan. Heat to boil; reduce heat; simmer about 5 minutes.
- In a freeze-able casserole dish, layer pork, sauce and potatoes (end with potato layer). Brush top of potatoes with melted butter; sprinkle with parsley.
- Cover casserole dish with a lid and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool. Label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Bake uncovered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.