Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This appetizer showcases a unique combination of ingredients. You may use prepared pesto to cut down on preparation time, then adjust the rest of the ingredients accordingly.
- 1 (10 ounce) can pizza dough, refrigerated
- 1 1⁄2 cups basil leaves, fresh and firmly packed into measuring cup
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated and divided
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped, toasted, and divided
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces smoked turkey, cubed
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Unroll pizza dough, and press into the bottom of a greased 9x13 pan. Set aside.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add basil, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, and garlic. Process 1 minute or until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. With processor running, pour olive oil through food chute in a slow steady stream until combined.
- Spread basil mixture over pizza dough, leaving 1/2 inch border on all sides. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, turkey, red pepper, artichokes, remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan, and remaining 1/3 cup walnuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425^ for 30 minutes or until crust is golden and mozzareella cheese melts.
- Cut into rectangles.