Recipe by Violet de Parme
Another crockpot recipe avoiding prepacked seasonings and can soups. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds like it might be good and could be great with angel hair pasta, rice or mashed potatoes From family.go.com
Top Review by Papa D 1946-2012
This was delicious, I did add a few crushed garlic cloves in with the onion. The blend of flavors from the lemon and olives were very good. Thanks for posting! Made for Spring 2012 PAC.
- 2 cups diced onions
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 1 cup green olives in brine
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or 1 tablespoon brine
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onion in 4-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Arrange chicken thighs over onion. Place lemon slice on each thigh. Add olives, brine, herbes de Provence, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Slowly pour in chicken broth.
- Cover; cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH 3 to 31/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in parsley before serving.