Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from Raising the Salad Bar; a wonderful book I received from the Cookbook Swap. Serve this great salad with some crusty bread and you have meal to remember.I would make this with cherry tomatoes because I am no a big fan of sun-dried tomatoes. To serve this as a vegetarian meal omit the chicken and serve with roasted vegetables.
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 4 cooked chicken breasts, grilled if possible
- salt and pepper
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup pitted green olives, quartered
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 4 cups baby greens, lettuce washed and dried
Dijon Herb Dressing
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Put sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water; let rest until softened for about15 minutes. Drain tomatoes and mince them. Rinse artichoke hearts and cut in quarters;pat dry with paper towel.
- Slice chicken in 1/2" wide strips.
- I large bowl combine tomatoes,chicken, artichokes,roasted red peppers, olives an parsley.
- To make dressing whisk all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Before serving whisk again and combine with chicken salad.
- To serve,place baby greens on platter and top with chicken salad or serve on individual plates.
- A little shaved Parmesan or mozzarella could be sprinkled on top.