Recipe by Tinat51796
From Redbook This recipe has been tested by Redbook Roasted red peppers, kalamata olives and capers make this fast and easy chicken recipe into a Mediterranean-inspired favorite
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes with sweet onions and roasted garlic
- 1⁄2 cup sliced roasted red pepper
- 2 teaspoons pesto sauce
- 8 kalamata olives, pitted, slivered
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1⁄3 cup slivered basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken between sheets of waxed paper to 1/2 inch thick. Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 3 to 4 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. Remove from skillet to plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes, roasted red pepper, pesto, olives, and capers to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; simmer 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove skillet from heat; stir in basil. Serve over chicken.