Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This stuffing is a light and easy to prepare stuffing for parboiled cabbage leaves, whole tomatoes that have had the pulp scooped out, zucchini or eggplant that have been half-baked. Just under 1 cup of stuffing for each person.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large peeled tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parsley, Chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, Chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Heat skillet with oil to medium heat and saute onion and garlic for about 2 minutes. Stir in tomato, herbs and seasonings. Saute for about 4 minutes or until wetness evaporates. Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Stuff item to be stuffed and top with more Parmesan cheese and bake for 15 to 30 minutes depending on the size and quantity of the stuffed vegetable.