Prep 25 mins
Cook 18 mins
I love these little guys from the Live Longer Cookbook!
- 1 French baguette
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low-sodium tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced and seeded
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 4 anchovies, drained and chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the broiler, setting the rack 6 inches from the heat. Cut the bread crosswise into 4 pieces and halve each piece horizontally. Arrange the bread, cut sides up, on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until lightly golden.
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a 10-in nonstick skillet, heat 2 tsp of the oil over moderate heat. Add the onion, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper and sauté for 6 minutes or until the onion is golden. Add the canned tomatoes and garlic and cook the mixture, stirring, for about 2 minutes, until thick.
- Spread the onion-tomato mixture, dividing evenly, on the pieces of bread. Top with the sliced tomatoes and garnish with the olives, anchovies and cheese. Drizzle the tops of the pizzas with the remaining 2 tsp of oil and bake them for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and topping is hot.