Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Australian Women's weekly newsletter.
Make and share this Provençal-Style Fish Soup With Garlic Toast recipe from Food.com.
- 800 g chopped tomatoes
- 340 g roasted red peppers, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fish stock
- 2 cups water
- 400 g fish fillets, chopped coarsely
- 10 large shrimp, uncooked and peeled
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 4 pieces Turkish bread (or gluten-free bread)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Put tomatoes and capsicum in blender and process until smooth.
- Heat oil, garlic and fennel seeds in a large saucepan, stirring, over low heat, for about 3 minutes or until the garlic just begins to slightly turn golden.
- Add tomato mixture, stock and water. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish and prawns; simmer uncovered, for about 3 minutes or until fish is tender.
- For the garlic toast: Put garlic, oil and butter in a cup and microwave until melted (about 1 minute). Brush this mix onto bread. Grill until toasted and crisp on one side.
- Season soup with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with dill, to garnish, before serving.