1/2 Photos of Prova De Amor (Love Proof) - Brazilian Cuisine
2 hrs 30 mins
My aunt makes this whenever we have a family get together, it's the perfect dessert for summer time too - creamy on the bottom, with a layer of refreshing Jello mixed with whip cream on top. I was always surprised as a child when after cooling the dish the Jello layer turned into two separate ones, red and pink because of the whip cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the sweetened condensed milk, milk, egg yolks, and corn starch. Cook the mixture over low heat until it becomes a thick cream. Set it aside and let cool.
- 2Mix the Jell-o powder with one cup of hot water, after it has dissolved completely add the cold water.
- 3Beat the egg whites together with the sugar in a mixer at high speed until if forms stiff peaks (may take a while).
- 4Mix the Jell-o with the egg white mixture.
- 5Cover the bottom of a 9x13 with the thick cream. Add the Jell-o and egg white mixture as a second layer, and refrigerate until completely set.
- 6(The Jello and egg white mixture will separate a bit turning into two different layers - a second Jell-o layer and a third frothy pink layer) --really interesting how this looks in the end.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prova De Amor (Love Proof) - Brazilian Cuisine
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 297.7
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 8.6 g