1/4 Photos of Protien Bread - Almond & Coconut Flour + Pea Protein
This is a low carb, high protein bread created mainly with coconut flour, almond flour, pea protein, and liquid egg whites. Make sure to use the drinkable coconut milk found in a carton. I created this recipe from an amalgam of several Paleo recipes I found online, then added my own touch. There are only 2 net carbs per slice and 13g protein. I hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup almond meal (blanched, 112g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (15g)
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal (19.5g)
- 66 g pea protein powder (unflavored - 2 scoops)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk (300mL, from the carton not the can, I use So Delicious brand)
- 3/4 cup egg white (about 190g, use a little more or less for an even batter consistency)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees and use spray oil to grease a standard loaf pan.
- 2Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, salt, baking soda, xathan gum, and pea protein in a bowl. .
- 3Add in milk, liquid egg whites, and vinegar until it's about the consistency of thick pancake batter. (You can add a little more coconut milk if necessary).
- 4Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- 5Makes one 24oz loaf, 8 servings. Total Calories in the entire loaf: 1226.
- 6Per 3oz slice (8 slices): Calories: 153 Fat: 10 Sat. Fat: 2 Carbs: 5 Fiber: 3 Sugar: .7 Protein: 13 Sodium: 394.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Protien Bread - Almond & Coconut Flour + Pea Protein
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.1
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 312.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pea protein powder