Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a low carb, high protein bread created mainly with coconut flour, almond flour, pea protein, and liquid egg whites. Make sure to use the drinkable coconut milk found in a carton. I created this recipe from an amalgam of several Paleo recipes I found online, then added my own touch. There are only 2 net carbs per slice and 13g protein. I hope you like it!
- 1 cup almond meal (blanched, 112g)
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (15g)
- 3 tablespoons flax seed meal (19.5g)
- 66 g pea protein powder (unflavored - 2 scoops)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsweetened coconut milk (300mL, from the carton not the can, I use So Delicious brand)
- 3⁄4 cup egg white (about 190g, use a little more or less for an even batter consistency)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and use spray oil to grease a standard loaf pan.
- Whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, salt, baking soda, xathan gum, and pea protein in a bowl. .
- Add in milk, liquid egg whites, and vinegar until it's about the consistency of thick pancake batter. (You can add a little more coconut milk if necessary).
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
- Makes one 24oz loaf, 8 servings. Total Calories in the entire loaf: 1226.
- Per 3oz slice (8 slices): Calories: 153 Fat: 10 Sat. Fat: 2 Carbs: 5 Fiber: 3 Sugar: .7 Protein: 13 Sodium: 394.
This is an amazing recipe! So easy to do and the bread is so delicious! That's already te only bread we eat at home, I'm making it every week. I made some changes in the recipe like using more almond meal instead of the coconut flour, I don't use the xantan gum, and I use canned coconut milk. It's also good with sour cream or Greek yoghurt instead of the coconut milk.
Here's my way - http://wp.me/p2b133-hE