Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had gastric by-pass 4 years ago. Some things just do not digest well therefore getting all the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients your body is supposed to have can be difficult. I discovered a smoothie shoppe close to my office but I soon found out their smoothies can be high in calories and sugar - if you aren't careful and do your research. So I bought a smoothie making for home and make my own. Nutritional Chart shows 0 calories, it does have calories - approximately 475 as listed below.
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat yogurt (1-6 oz. container of your favorite flavor, I currently like Banana Cream Pie)
- 3⁄4 cup water (1-6 oz. yogurt container and fill it with water)
- 1⁄2-1 banana (frozen or not)
- 1 scoop protein powder (your favorite flavor, I am currently using Vanilla but Chocolate it just as good)
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon stevia (or artificial sweenter or your choice)
- Place ingredients in mixer in the order listed above and blend.