Recipe by Brenda
These cookies are chewy and delicious. You will not miss the fat. They are easy to make and high in protein. I can even grab a couple for breakfast if I am in a hurry. Enjoy!
Top Review by pearldave
My cookies didnt spread at all on the cookie sheet. I had to actually form a cookie shape to resemble something esthetically pleasing. The taste was boring; only the chocolate chips I added give it a small perk. Also, the oil in the peanut butter prevented my chips from mixing into the batter. I doubled this recipe and I dont know what im going to do with all these cookies. I would NOT make this recipe again.
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 eggs or 3 egg whites
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups quick oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
May add any of the following
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 1 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together; brown sugar, applesauce, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- Blend in flour and baking soda.
- Blend in oats.
- Add your choice of optional ingredients; nuts, chocolate, raisins, or all of the above.
- Mix well.
- Drop by Tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or til lightly browned.
- Let cool 2 or 3 minutes before removing from pan.