Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I notice a lot of protein bar recipes use peanut butter or add lots of extra ingredients. I wanted a simpler protein bar recipe that would be easy to add extra ingredients or flavors if one so desired, so I came up with this. The nice thing about this recipe is its flavor versatility. Before you add the tapioca flour you can mix in any flavoring you want (so far I have tried mint and coconut-rum, both were tasty).
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate protein powder
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1. Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper or wax paper.
- 2. Melt the chocolate chips until just melted, not hot. An easy way to do this without burning them is to put the chips in a ceramic coffee cup and sit it on the hot plate of your coffee maker.
- 3. Combine the protein powder and quick oats in a mixing bowl. Add the skim milk and mix.
- 4. Pour the melted chocolate in and mix again.
- 5. Add the tapioca flour and mix thoroughly. Batter should be very thick.
- 6. Place the batter in the middle of the pan. Wet your finger with water and use them to spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- 7. Chill the bars in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill. Use a knife dipped in hot water to cut into 16 bars.
- 8. Wrap the bars and store them in the fridge or freezer. The bars still remain a little chewy even when frozen.