Kiwi Kathy's Note:
These complete protein snacks can be whipped up quickly using store cupboard ingredients. The recipe is easily doubled. To dry roast seeds or nuts, leave in a shallow pan over low heat and gently shake pan until they are coloured and aromatic. Instant potato flakes are convenient for absorbing excess moisture in patties or for thickening soups or stews – add in increments to achieve a manageable consistency. Serve hot with your favourite sauce or dressing. Found on the stuff.co.nz website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup instant potato flakes
- 1/4 cup polenta, fine, approximately, for coating
- oil, for cooking
- 250 g tofu, rinsed and drained
- 1 (400 g) can haricot beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, dry roasted and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh herbs, parsley, basil, coriander or curry paste
- mixed vegetables, 1 cup finely chopped or grated
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1Set aside the instant potato flakes, fine polenta and oil for cooking.
- 2In a large mixing bowl place remaining ingredients – mash to combine with potato masher.
- 3Gradually mix in potato flakes to achieve a manageable mix which can be shaped into patties.
- 4Coat patties in fine polenta.
- 5Brush all the patties with oil then fry, bake, or barbecue as desired.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Protein Patties
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 956.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: