Recipe by Scott Acorn
A great recipe for those gearing into shape. the best part is they taste so good by themselves they do'nt require syrup or jam (and who needs the extra calories!) make them up and store the remaining pancakes in resealable bags for a quick post-workout snack!
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (Featherweight Brand is best, no sodium or carbs)
- 1 cup protein powder (2 scoops Cytosport Evopro Fuji Apple Whey Protein -gives a delicious apple taste but feel free to tr)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese (strain off excess liquid)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (for pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, cottage cheese, vanilla and butter extracts and water. mix well and let stand for 10 minutes.
- preheat non-stick frypan on medium heat.
- spread olive oil in pan - use paper towel to sop up any excess.
- once pan is hot, mix batter again and pour enough batter into pan to make approximately a 6" pancake. When bubbles begin to form in batter, flip and cook other side.