Recipe by littleturtle
High Protein/Low Carb Pancakes. Light and fluffy with a nice flavor. A bit of work, but I think worth the effort.
- 1 cup protein powder (french vanilla or vanilla praline are both good)
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups pancake mix
- oil (to grease pan) or butter (to grease pan)
Directions See How It's Made
- If making mix ahead of time, combine all ingredients listed under Pre-Made Mix in an air tight container, shake or whisk until well mixed; seal and store until ready to use.
- Beat eggs until fluffy; beat in all remaining ingredients, except for butter, just until smooth (if you overmix they won't turn out light and fluffy).
- Heat skillet thoroughly over medium heat and lightly grease.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into pan for each pancake; cook until edges are dry and pancake starts to puff (golden brown on bottom), then flip and cook until otherside browns.
- Grease pan again before cooking each batch.