Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had never made a smoothie with yogurt before until I heard about greek yogurt...will never stray again! With one smoothie packing in 20 grams of protein, you can't go wrong with this tasty little morning treat! Hope you enjoy.
- 1 (17 5/8 ounce) container Greek yogurt (I use Fage Total 0% as it has the most protein I've found so far)
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 cup frozen blueberries (no sugar added)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (no sugar added)
- In a blender, combine the entire container of yogurt and splenda; mix well.
- Add in the frozen blueberries and strawberries and place blender on the crush ice setting or a medium pulse setting until all the berries have been crushed. (if too thick to crush, you can add more milk to your liking).
- Once crushed, change blender setting to "liquefy" setting until you reach your desired consistency -- again, add milk as you wish.
- Ready to serve immediately as-is OR this does very well if made the evening before and placed in refrigerator with the top on the container. It makes for a quick "morning rush" breakfast on-the-go. Just add a cup or so of ice back into the container, crush again and then "liquify" for a minute or two.
- Pour into cups, grab a straw and you are out the door! My husband and I are drinking these almost every day of the week as we are driving in to our respective offices. Healthy, tasty and packed with the protein you need to get you up and going for the day!
This is possibly the first I've ever used Greek yogurt in a smoothie, & it does make for a great tasting beverage! The only change I made was to use the milk I usually have on hand, milk with 2% fat! Really enjoyed the combo of berries in it, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef event]