Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy protein filled breakfast drink.
- 200 ml buttermilk
- 50 g frozen berries (, any sort)
- 1 tablespoon oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
- 1 kiwi, chopped
- 1⁄2 banana
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Vary fruit as desired, use mandarins or fresh pineapple instead of the kiwi and banana, or add as much fruit as you like.
- This is so delicious, you won't even know you are drinking buttermilk!
I was interested in the Protein Fruit Smoothie until I saw the Nutritional Facts. According to the 9-4-4/Macronutrient Ratio calculation this particular recipe is primarily a Carb Fruit Smoothie. I'm sure if you check with Weight Watchers or similar weight management programs the calculations determine that this calculates to 2 point/2 pick carb item. Just sharing...
I would just like to comment on the nutrition facts of this recipe. I understand the new "low carb craze" that most recent diets enforce; however the type of carbs this particular recipe provides are an excellent source of natural energy. It's not a healthy night cap but a good choice for breakfast.