Recipe by FrenchRooster
Protein & fiber oat bars. The idea is to get healthy oat bars, because I am bored eating shop ones. I used chocolate, but I will use blueberries or more raisins next time, the bars need some more spongy feel.
- 1 cup oats (I used slow cooking ones)
- 1 1⁄4 cups granola cereal (I used 5 grain granola)
- 1 cup protein powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (I used dry ones)
- 100 g chocolate
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract (to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- If you have time, allow raisins to soak into hot water or rhum for a while. If not, it's no big deal.
- Mix dry ingredients (except chocolate & raisins).
- Mix wet ingredients.
- Mix everything together, add raisins.
- Press dough in a coated pan of 18"*9" (like a big rectangle basically). You should have some left, like 1 cup or 2. Spread chopped chocolate over the layer of dough. Then pour over the rest. The top layer will probably not fully cover the lower crust, just do your best, it's not really a problem.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minute Allow to cool down a little. Cut into bars. Store for later.